Tuesday 25 June 2013

Pitch; LBR LO1.1 and LO1.2

Learning Objective 1

Pitch for Photography.
1.1 Evaluate the potential for creating images.
1.2 Clarify purposes for creating images.

For this unit we have to select a postcode and then photograph that area showing the life within it. I have decided that I was focusing on the postcode; SW3, Chelsea and I was planning on using this area however I found, after much research, that this area was going to become much more difficult than I first imagined so I have chosen to go for a more local route and have chosen the postcode RM7, Romford.  The RM postcode area, also known as the Romford postcode area, is a group of 20 postcode districts in England, which are subdivisions of nine post towns. The majority of these postcode districts cover part of north east and east London.

Day and Night. This is what I want to focus my project on, I want to show Romford for what is it in the daytime, so a historical market town and then Romford of a night time a busy town full of popular bars and clubs. I am going to be using my iPhone 5 and my DSLR camera for my images for this project one for day one for night. However I will be experimenting in my own time with different lenses so that I can justify my choices or even change my original idea when I look at the image quality, I need cameras that will fit well my purpose.

I want to create images that capture the life of the area in single shots, I will use a stand and shot technique to take a snapshot of life as its happening, I want it to all my spontaneous and off the mark, I just want to see what happens and what catches my eye on the day to see where my shoot takes me, rather than planning and setting out to find something specific in the area as for me this will feel forced and won’t truly reflect life in the area of Romford. Also the camera choice that I have chosen are perfect for a stand and shot image as they are simply operated and won’t require any difficulty in the setting up and they will help produce the shots to the quality that I require for my production.

Romford is a market town in the day and has a night life that is full of personality and this is the main reason that I want to create these images as the area has two different sides and I want to be able to create images that will reflect the two very parts of this postcode. Therefore I will be photographing the market and the high street to show one side of Romford and then I will photography the clubs/bars of the night to show the other side. This for me is the reason that I have chosen this postcode/area as I want to create images that show that Romford is the Jekyll and Hyde of London.

No comments:

Post a Comment